Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Life According to Facebook 2008



Paul at Jumpin' Beans - He had a blast climbing the ladders and sliding down. What could be better for an 18 month old!
I am trying to come up with a free Friday, family, fun night idea. We love board games, but it is hard to include Paul. November 21, 2008

I am going on a date tonight! I guess that means I need a shower. HAHA December 2, 2008

Tag! Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits or goals about you.   December 11, 2008
1. I learned sarcasm from my hubby.
2. My favorite color is navy blue.
3. I like to cross stitch when I have nothing else to do. However, those are very rare occasions.
4. I am a recovering PP (procrastinating perfectionist). Yes, they do exist. It is only by God’s daily grace that I get anything done. My children are a source of on going sanctification in this area.
5. I am a terrible house keeper who hates mess and clutter. Yes, they do exist.
6. Because of #5, don’t leave anything important at my house, I will probably toss it when I do get around to cleaning. I don’t keep many things that don’t serve an immediate purpose.
7. I love to play air hockey and probably can beat you.
8. I hate to pay full price for anything.
9. I have always had a really bad memory. Motherhood has only made it worse. I envision Lance and the kids taking care of me as an Alzheimer’s patient in the near future.
10. I have a one track mind. Let me explain: I only can do one task at a time or else be prepared for disastrous results.
11. Because of #9&10, I typically will answer my husband or children’s questions while I am working on something but have absolutely no recollection of it. This gets me in a lot of trouble.
12. I have never been an avid reader, but that is changing now that I am teaching Hope how to read. I am starting to really enjoy biographies.
13. I am finally getting the education that I did not know I missed out on by home schooling our children. I have learned so much already in ½ year of kindergarten.
14. I am not a sappy, girly girl, but I love Anne of Green Gables and movies based on Jane Austen’s novels.
15. I have always lived in the south. I have recently been contemplating what life would be like for a southerner in another area of the country.
16. I usually delete email forwards and block the apps on Facebook. I typically ignore things like this. Not sure what was different this time. Thanks, Christa!

We watched and listened to this hymn today as we read more of the Christmas story. It really helped the girls understand what the words meant. Once in Royal David’s City  December 12, 2008

Thinks making flashcards for homeschool is fun! It must be the teacher inside speaking. December 16, 2008

Loves finding bargains on CraigsList.  December 18, 2008

Is trying to figure out what little elf left us a Wilton's Gingerbread House kit on the doorstep this morning. December 24, 2008