Tuesday, September 2, 2008

9/2/08

WOW! Be impressed that it has not taken me 6 months or more to post an update. It is amazing what a schedule and a daily to-do list will help you accomplish. For me, the more I have to do the more productive I am. I guess during the busy times you just don't have time to piddle around and waste your time. :-)

Lance is working with Jeremy again doing home improvement projects until near the end of October. We are waiting to hear back from a few different churches that seem interested in Lance for student ministry. Please pray that we will have wisdom and discernment as we make these decisions. Also pray that we will be able to coincide our lease with any move that will be necessary.

We are beginning week three of homeschool. It is going great. See "The School House" for some scanned images of Hope's work. She took here first math assessment today. She did great! She is loving her Phonics Museum. I think it is her favorite part of school. It is filled with lots of different activities to reinforce the sounds. It incorporates music, art, history, and projects along with the phonics. From the pictures, it is easy to get the idea that we don't do any real work. We have tons of math and handwriting pages. Hope just wanted to show you all the fun she was having the past two weeks.

Grace has a theme every week. Last week was about cookie. She learned a new vocabulary word: dough. We practiced identifing circles, the letter I, and the number 9. We also do a simple Bible story each week and work on a memory verse. Last Friday we baked peanut butter cookies in the shape of letters. We also made pizza dough for homemade pizzas for dinner so she could see and taste the difference. We watched Barbie as Rapunzel for our Family Fun Night and ate pizza in the living room. It doesn't take much to get them excited.

Grace always says some of the funniest things. I always forget them, so I am going to share this one even though the joke is on me. She came and sat beside me on the couch while I doing my Bible study. She was looking intently at my legs. I asked her what she was doing and said, "You are sparkling." I said, "Thank you, but mommy just needs to shave." No, you are owie like the sparklings. You know the hot ones." It took me a few seconds to figure out her 2 year old logic. She was comparing my legs to 4th of July sparklers!!!

Paul has entered the full-body, throw yourself down on the floor, jerk and kick trantrums. We just walk away and ignore him. He gets up pretty quickly and usually complies. This is the phase where in just a brief period of time, my sweet little boy turns into a ball of aggression that I could have never imagined. I think he is finally starting to realized that it hurts and that he never gets his way.
We have also played in the kiddie pool a lot this summer. I finally remembered to take some pictures of all the fun.
We went to Chick-fil-A on Labor Day sporting our favorite team apparel (some of you may have gotten our last minute email with the details.) We had to be creative, so take a look at the updated pictures. We scored four FREE 3-piece chicken tenders with our creativity.

Check out this video! Video 2 Video 3