Thursday, December 15, 2011

Today's Car Conversation

Conversation in the van on the way to bible study this morning.
 

P to G: When are you going to change your name?
G: never
H: you mean like marry a boy P?
P: yeah, but not a boy in our family
G: I don't want to talk about this.
H: yeah, boys are weird, like the ones who are my age and still scribble and ask silly questions in class. What is up with them? I don't think I will ever understand them.
Me: Do you do things that are weird?
G & H: NO in unison
ME: Let me rephrase, do you do things that boys might think are weird?
H: like what? (totally offended by my ?)
Me: well, (interrupted)
H: I don't want to think about boys for a long time.
G: me neither.
Me: Well that is good, because you aren't suppose to want to right now. It is ok for you to think they are weird, but you still have to be nice even if you don't understand them.
P: Am I weird?
H: not yet, but you will be in a few years
P: ok


The kids also sang three songs with the other 150 CBS kids for all the moms today. 
  • Christmas Bells
  • Little Drummer Boy
  • O Come All Ye Faithful
Lots of cameras.  I did not get any pictures, but hopefully one of the other ladies will share.